One of the best gifts you can give yourself as a writer
is a cover designer who understands:
The elements of design, The importance of your input about the composition, and the message you want to impart to your potential readers. Here’s the process I would follow to partner with you.Together we can cover your story with reader appeal.
1. CONTACT MEReach out through my contact page or email me directly at Ali.Dent@BookCoverDesigns.net. I will get back to you so we can go over your questions. I am happy to work with first time writers, so don’t worry about asking the wrong question. I am happy to help you through the process
2. PRICINGOnce we decided to work together and we’ve agreed upon a price I’ll send you an invoice for half the total cost. I invoice through PayPal
3. GETTING TO KNOW ONE ANOTHERI’ll send you a Story Questionnaire. It includes things like themes, plot, genre(s), symbolism, characters, scenes, environments. Your ideas for the cover, if any. I’ll digest your answers. We may go back and forth a bit as I ask more questions and you can let me know what ideas or thoughts you have for the cover.
4. DESIGNING THE COVERI will work on the cover and send you a first draft to make sure I’m heading in the direction you want. You can make any changes at this point, or we can start from scratch if it isn’t working. My goal is for you to feel happy with your cover when we’re finished
5. FINALOnce you approve the cover, I will send an invoice along with the final deliverables.
6. TIMINGThe process from start to finish generally takes about 1 month. You may or may not be ready for your print cover at the point that your ebook cover is finished, which is totally fine! I can do this at any point in the future.
7. ACCREDITATIONI ask to be credited on the credits page at the start of the book like this: Cover design by BookCoverDesigns.net.
How may I help you today?
A book is judged by its cover
Together you and I will cover your story with reader appeal.